Ciao ciao Mofoers,
how is your MoFo going?
Today, I had to empty my fridge and freezer - I had been storing some frozen rice okara for ages and had to use it.
As I mentioned last year, I'm not much of a cook and sometimes I blend everything together, especially when I use okara. So, in the end, some okara and vegetables quenelles popped out, and it was not that bad! ^_^
Here's my quenelles!
- 300-400 gr of rice okara (this is what I had, but you can use soy okara too)
- 1 aubergine/eggplant
- 2 courgettes/zucchinis
- 1 potato
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 veg stock cube
- 1 tsp of flax seeds
- breadcrumbs (just enough)
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of paprika
- a pinch of black pepper
- Peel your aubergine, courgettes and potato, cut them into cubes and put them in a skillet with some water, just to soften them up. Then squash them a little bit, in order to remove some exceeding water.
- Add your rice okara and shredded carrots to the veggies, season them and cook it for a few mins.
- Add breadcrumbs and ground flax seeds.
- Now you can make your quenelles using 2 tablespoons in order to give them a sort of triangular shape - but you can make burgers or patties or balls or whatever your imagination suggests.
- Put them in a warm skillet and turn them around on each side.